Sunday 2 February 2020

The Anchor System Part 5

You will see from earlier posts on here that the hawser pipe I'd used was too small, I therefore had to buy a larger one. Being polished stainless steel and a better quality meant it cost a lot more, that's life.

Using the new hawser pipe as a template I marked out the enlarged hole I would need to cut. I then drilled a series of small holes around the proposed hole shape. This would make it easier for the jigsaw as the thickness of the sprit, deck-planking and deck are over 2 inches.





Using the jig saw I cut out the hole.



There was a bit of fitting using a rasp until the hawser pipe fitted snugly. The pipe was turned upside down for me to apply sealing strip. The pipe was reinserted and screwed down tight



The warp was then inserted into the pipe and fed through to the chain locker.



When I got to the chain shackle and warp eye I felt a relief that they went through the pipe easily - which had been the problem earlier



I was pleased to see the offending parts lying in the chain locker.



Finally, the chain was all fed into the locker and the anchor fitting snugly into the self-launch bracket on the pulpit.




I'm really pleased to see another system in place and completed. The anchor will live in this location although I will add a few shackles to hold it in place whilst at sea First Time I've Used That Phrase so it's getting closer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment