Sunday 16 February 2020

Deck Fittings & a Bit of Paintwork

The delivery of stainless steel washers to add to the coach bolts allowed me to secure the anchor launching bow bracket. The bracket was removed sealing strips attached, and then it was bolted into place.


The next job was to position three cleats on top of the gunwale, equispaced along either side. Here sealing strips was added and also paste to stop dissimilar metals coming in contact with each other: stainless steel screws securing aluminium cleats to the deck.





To ensure the aperture fairings on the console hadn't moved during glueing, the control panels were offered-up and found to fit properly, so they were removed and returned to their boxes for safe keeping.

  

 Finally, I gave a coat of white paint to the wheelhouse in general and the control console in particular.

4 comments:

  1. Glad your boathouse hasn't blown down or washed away!
    (Lynne)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All intact thanks. Most people's bad weather is our everyday

      Delete
  2. Good grief!!! I've just spent a most enjoyable hour skimming through all of your "Seagull" posts since you started in 2015. What a project!!! I have often prided myself on sufficient ingenuity and 'the appliance of science' to manage things myself that would normally take more than one person, but what you are achieving is on another level. Turning her over (boats are always female in my opinion) was pure genius and I hung on every word. I thought I had my work cut out restoring a boyhood model yacht, but it seems so trivial alongside this. Hats off to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John - My dear chap!!! How nice of you to pop in. It's been quite an adventure so far as you can see. I had to do things the hard way rather than build traditionally, but if it's not challenging it risks becoming boring. I hope things are going well with you, I'll pop over and have a look in the minute

      Delete